Friday, February 15, 2013

Crafting for adoption "it is a ministry"



Hi all.

Well, where to begin...

Kev and I are still paying off the loan for the adoption process last year. It is all worth it!  That being said, I plan to consign Phoebe's clothes and sell some other items. I may even bring my Etsy shop back to life, though there will be different items there than before.

Kev wants to sell his trains to raise some cash.

I  am working part time now, and most of my paychecks last year went right into our fund, so I worked my bottom off to bring home our babe. 

Call it whatever you want, for those of you who don't like the term fundraising, call it simple, good old fashioned hard work. 

But I for one don't mind the term fundraising, a dear friend in the adoption community put it very nicely when she said "this is a ministry". 
(Thank you, Linda!!)

I will tell you this, when I visited the orphanage I was forever changed. This is more than growing one's family, this is saving a life, this is celebrating life, and this is doing God's work.  

Who knows if Kev and I will be able to do this again (yup, I said the word "again")...if we were to do so we would need your support in prayer, in loving hands-on support, and for those of you able to give, yes, in fundraising.  

We are not yet adopting again. Right now this is about catching up with the adoption of Phoebe.  

Thankfully the adoption tax credit should help immensely, as long as that works out as it should.

Right now, I am simply trying to repay the old debt, which could maybe open the doors for _____ ???

I only want what the Lord wants! I will say this though, He has told me to go forth and start crafting my little heart out...and He is pulling hard on my heart strings.  Lead my path, Jesus.

Ummmm, if I craft it they will come?

If anyone else who does fundraising for adoptions wants to reach out, I welcome you. As I say up front, we need to repay the current adoption debt, so that is what it is all about right now. And since we made 3,000 last time around, you know the debt is weighty. 

Kevin and I both have a big huge heart for adoption, but specifically special needs orphans. 

I hope that He really does have another child in the big picture for us. If it were up to me I would fill a huge home of children. Kev I am sure is happy with one (or two).

  Right now, we wait on Him.  

(this is kev, as we waited to board a plane to go get our Phoebe).



Love to all, Blessings abound!
Lynette, His.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for sharing the comment love. {Please, keep it positive.}